Thursday, May 29, 2008

My karma is restored

The world has been righted. I got my bike from FedEx. I got a replacement camera. I got my bike together and we made the 3:00pm ferry to Bremberton. We did about 38 miles, making it down to Shelton, Wa. We're going to do about 60 miles tomorrow to Raymond, and then 50+ to Astoria.

We averaged about 14.7 mph with the hills which was awesome. I did have a thought that Kansas might not be so bad when I was on the first hill. The shoulders were great in some places and super sketchy in other. We had to ride on the side of a small highway for a couple miles and then it chilled out. There was only one super shady section where the should was about two feet wide.

We met some characters already. Jake and I have a good vibe about the people we're going to meet along the way. We met Kermit this morning at the ferry terminal. He was pedaling a rickshaw and was interested in our bike. There was a Jesus freak in shady van at the Safeway in Shelton and the motel clerk was very chatty. Should be a good time.

Alright, time for bed.

1 comment:

Alfred said...

So you're in Kansas, well check out the Milky Way up in the night sky if you can. Nice that your fortunes have been reversed.

I got sea-sick today on my first scuba dive of the summer. Good times, but it was worth it. Oh yea I'm in Thailand. Pretty sweet.